White Chocolate and Blackberry Mousse

As quite the chocoholic I was rather excited to be invited by Samsung to go and visit the Cadbury factory and see behind the scenes. I spent the day in the factory being shown how Cadbury make their chocolate and unsurprisingly it was a pretty fun day, although oddly I didn’t eat any chocolate all day! To make up for it we took home some white chocolate and made a delicious dessert, a White Chocolate and Blackberry Mousse very easy to make and truly scrumptious. ¬†All of this was filmed for Samsung as part of an online campaign for their new Galaxy S2 phone take a look at the bottom of the post.

Ganache Layer

100g white chocolate, finely chopped
100ml double cream

Blackberry Compote
300g blackberries
juice of 1 lemon
50g sugar

White Chocolate Mousse
200g white chocolate, finely chopped
250ml double cream
2 large egg whites
25g caster sugar

To make the ganache simply place the chocolate in a medium bowl and set aside. Place the cream in a medium saucepan set over medium heat and bring to a boil. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and gently stir together to form a silky smooth ganache. Pour into wine glasses and set in the fridge to firm. This will serve 6 people or if your not on a new year health kick you can make it an indulgent dessert for 4!

No one looks good in a hairnet!

Place the blackberries, lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the berries have softened and released some of their juice leaving you with a lovely blackberry syrup. Taste and adjust the flavour if needed by adding more lemon or sugar.

Take a spoonful of the syrup and pour onto the ganache and set in the fridge whilst you make the mousse. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in short 30 second bursts or in a bowl set over simmering water, set aside to cool. Whip the cream to soft peaks and in another bowl whip the egg whites until they begin to hold peaks then gently pour in the sugar whilst continuing to whip until you have a stiff and glossy meringue.

Fold the meringue into the cream in thirds trying to keep the mixture as light as possible. Pour the cooled chocolate into the mousse and gently fold together. Divide the mousse between the wine glasses and refrigerate until needed, at least a few hours. To serve top with the blackberries and a little extra grated chocolate.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to White Chocolate and Blackberry Mousse

1. James Brewer says:

Edd mate, they look sensational. Love the combo of flavours – blackberries and white chocolate. I bet it is one of those really decadent desserts!

Can’t believe you didn’t eat any chocolate when you was there ?!?

2. Julie Taylor says:

White chocolate is irresistible and I have blackberries in the freezer. Might well be making this for Valentine’s Day.

Is there any chance you could do a special recipe for Fair Trade Fortnight using fair trade, local, animal friendly and seasonal ingredients! Having a coffee morning in aid of Traidcraft and it would be great to have an Edd special to serve.

3. Sounds like a wonderful day, although I can’t believe you didn’t get to eat any chocolate! Looks like you more than made up for it with this gorgeous dessert in the evening though. I know not everyone is keen on white chocolate but I think it’s delicious – especially when paired with something sharply sweet like blackberries.

4. Pingback: Things you might have missed this week | Pdf Books Manual Download

5. Andy says:

hahah! This is a yummy use of the white chocolate and I love the video that you made. On the other hand, I don’t know if I could bring myself to break up the phone box and charger…

6. asa says:

i love your posts! you have some delicious recipes, and a great eye for color. keep on doing what you do! you are so blessed to have samsung contact you about cadbury, AND their phone, dannng!!!

7. Christina says:

What a fun day! I’ve always enjoyed “behind the scenes” activities like these. The mousse sounds delicious.

8. Liz says:

I tried this and it was delicious! And you could easily split it into 6 (even 8) portions.